Unlocking the Mysteries of Genetics in Mental Health and Beyond: The Mind-Body Connection [Free Webinar]
October 31 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Good therapies and techniques are sometimes not as effective as we’d like. But knowing what is happening and what to do at the genetic level can be just the breakthrough we need. This webinar unravels the story of how our genetic identity influences our observable characteristics, behavior, and psychological disposition.
Join Richard Hill, author and expert clinician as he delves into the intricate world of genetics and epigenetics and their profound impact on mental health and overall well-being.
Epigenetic changes are how our DNA remembers life experiences such as attachment patterns, trauma and emotional vulnerability. Our early life experiences can leave a lasting mark on our neurology and behavior. You will learn how to recognize what the genes are telling us and some of the simple changes to lifestyle and diet that can resolve problems at this cellular level.
You will also learn how certain genetic mutations have a profound impact on individuals, health and development, and then learn what you can do to help clients manage their unique, genetic diversity.
Don’t miss this opportunity to dig into the science that can inform your work.
- Gain a general understanding of genetics and epigenetics.
- Describe how epigenetic changes contribute to the DNA’s memory of life experiences.
- Identify simple lifestyle and diet changes that can influence the cellular level.
- Determine the effects of genetic mutations and other abnormalities on mental health.
- Explain how to tailor therapeutic approaches based on genetic understanding.