Our Healing Brains: Head, Heart, Gut and Skin and their Influence on Mental Health
September 19 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This eye-opening webinar delves into the intricate neural networks beyond the “head-brain” – and what that means to how we work with clients and how this knowledge can improve treatment outcomes.
While most clinicians have a good understanding of the skull-based brain, too few know about:
- The “Second brain” within the Enteric Nervous System (ENS), the gut
- The “Little brain” of the Intracardiac Nervous System (INS), the heart
- The (surprising) “Skin brain: a powerful communicator between our internal and external worlds.
Join Richard Hill, MA, MEd, MBMSc, PhD (c) author and expert clinician, and learn:
- How these brains respond to and influence emotional and physiological changes
- How these interconnected brains form a complex axis, especially through the vagus nerve, that impacts our overall health and emotional resilience.
- How you can help clients optimize the capacities of these brains to positively affect the skull-brain, emotions, and manage the symptoms of trauma, anxiety, and depression.
Give clients simple physical exercises, practical lifestyle changes, and achievable dietary changes that can help coordinate and integrate these amazing neural systems to improve our mental states, our physical states and our overall well-being – bottom-up processing. You will also learn top-down ways to generate natural problem-solving and healing through mind-to-body processes.
Don’t miss this opportunity to explore the interwoven nature of these systems and the way to include the influence of all the brains to enhance mental health and generate well-being.