- This event has passed.
Motherhood – The Unforeseen Bind Of Loss Of Identity
January 31 @ 7:00 pm - February 14 @ 9:00 pm
The loss of identity is rarely if ever, discussed when a new mother presents with depression or anxiety. The diagnosis attributed to these emotions is often part of a postpartum container.
In this course, we will examine how the loss of her old identity a new mother experiences is a missing piece to understanding the dilemma new mothers face when they are in the first phase of their child’s new life.
We will learn how to support new mothers in coping with the loss of who they were prior to the birth of their child and how to help them integrate their birthing journey and new motherhood that is now part of who they are.
Thursdays, 1, 8 and 15 February 2024 at 19h UK time
Or Wednesday, January 31, February 7, and February 14 at 7pm ET.
In this course, Edy will guide you through:
- The Eleven Phases of Grief for the new mother
- A definition of the Sexual Grief Effect – a new perspective on developmental traumatic experience and how it relates to the mother-child bind of fusion and differentiation
- Three specific breathing exercises to bring a new mother back to being in her body
- Three specific grounding exercises to enable the new mother to honor her own identity in the face of what she feels she has lost
- Define the difference between the loss of self and postpartum depression
- The Self Quest Questionnaire to share with clients – and ongoing support for them